Our departments include: gifts and cards, home and lifestyle, gardening, plants & seeds, outdoor living, pets and wildlife and a range of clothing including coats and scarves.
Milestone Garden and Leisure is based in the centre of the Scottish Borders at Newtown St. Boswells, within easy reach of many of the Scottish Border towns and on the main route from Newcastle through to Edinburgh.
At Milestone we want to bring you the very best in terms of products and quality. We have our own dedicated buying and product team that source the very best from all over the country, enabling us to offer our customers something distinctively different from high street businesses and large multi-sited retailers.
Enjoy being outdoors? We have a great selection of garden and conservatory furniture, outdoor heaters and barbeques.
Plants & Seeds
Looking to grow your own flowers, plants and vegetables then we have everything you need.
Pets & Wildlife
From dogs and cats to small pets and wild birds Milestone has a large selection of pet and wildlife products.
Home & Lifestyle
If you want to add a touch of style to your home then look no further. Milestone stocks a variety of products for the home including Denby and Joseph Joseph products for the kitchen.
Log Cabins Alba
www.logcabinsalba.com is a recent addition to the Milestone Garden and Leisure range.
For the logcabinsalba.com range, we aim to be the number 1 choice for log cabins in Scotland so we have carefully chosen our range from some of the most experienced manufacturers in Europe to bring our customers a great selection of quality and value for money buildings.
The timber used in our buildings comes from strictly managed forests in the Baltic area where the slow grown wood is stronger and more dense and therefore is ideal for garden buildings. And it is not just the timber we have taken great care in sourcing; the windows and doors as well as all other materials such as roofing and insulation have all been chosen to complement the high quality log cabins in our range.
Join the Milestone Garden and Leisure team
Are you looking for a new and rewarding career in retail?
Do you want to be part of an energetic and innovative team, where there is real opportunity for career progression?
Milestone Garden and Leisure at Newtown St. Boswells are currently seeking retail assistants.
June is a great month of the year. It is the start of being able to get out in the garden for longer during the day and well into the evening. With the lighter nights, and milder weather the garden is well and truly coming alive. Colours are strong, and the hard work and effort can be seen by all.
The summer is approaching fast and as with any time of the year there is plenty to do in the garden.
Here are some useful tips to bear in mind.
- Check all garden tools, especially shears and lawn edge trimmers, wipe down and oil appropriately.
- Before use, check wiring and plugs of electrical hedge trimmers and mowers etc. to ensure there are no exposed wires. When using such electrical items always plug into a circuit breaker adaptor to avoid electric shock.
- Even during May and June there can be some harsh frosts. Cover delicate plants at night to allow insulation and protection from frost.
- Turn over soil areas, removing any weeds.
- Don’t plant summer bedding plants too early. Leave this until the end of May early June.
- Where possible, consider installing a water butt so that rain water can be recycled and used in the garden.
- If you have a greenhouse, ensure the ceiling vents and doors are opened on warm days.
- The grass will begin to grow quicker and mowing lawns on a weekly basis will ensure a healthy lawn. Don’t forget to feed and aerate your lawns.
- Cut back and trim hedges.
- Treat fences and decking on dry days to a fresh coat of stain.
- Make your own/put out hanging baskets.
- Remember to keep flowers, plants, shrubs and hanging baskets well-watered.
Gardening can be a great form of exercise. Whatever age you are, be careful when first getting out in the garden especially if handling heavy bags of compost or bark, etc. Be mindful as to avoid strains and injury and lifting bags by ensuring property handling and lifting techniques.